Monday, November 30, 2009

School Is So Unfair!!!

It's true. School is unfair. I was 10 seconds late because I tripped and had to chase my paper possessions all around, but my teacher wouldn't let me in. I get to school at 7 every day, and I go to the ROTC room every morning to meet a friend. My teacher had just closed the door, and I sprinted the 15 feet to the door. Out of breath, I knocked on the door. He opened the door, and told me that I had to go to the tardy lockout. I've had a perfect non-tardy record since preschool, and with one unfortunate move of my clumsy extremities, that record has been broken. I tried to explain to the dean as well as my teacher what happened, and both were indifferent to my explanation. Tears were running down my face, but both people were oblivious. To make matters worse, my mom got mad at me because she told me to carry things in my backpack, but the items I had in my arms were things I need for 1st period! I asked her to call the Dean's office and verify that I had arrived at school at 7 this morning, but she blamed me for my clumsiness. She said repeatedly, "This wouldn't have happened if you had listened to me." Thankfully, most of the deans and administrators at this school know me, and they are well aware of my meticulously clean attendance record. All I have to do is explain to them what happened, and I can only hope for the best to happen. I still haven't stopped crying, and my teacher is oblivious to the rivers of tears streaming down my face. My friends have tried to prove my innocence, but the teacher doesn't care. He only goes by what he thinks, and since he's the teacher, what he says, goes. I just wish there was some way to prove my innocence and reinstate my perfect record.

No comments: