Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Ups and Downs (Many, Many Downs) of Teen Relationships

Many people say that the teenage years are the best and most magical. I'd like to know what they were thinking when they say that. I'm 17, and so far, they haven't at all been the best of my life. With that being said of my age, I must also tell you that I've only had one serious relationship in my 17 years of existence. That was last summer, and it lasted for 3 1/2 months. Granted my mom's rule was no dating until I was 16, but even then, I hadn't even been asked out. I'm now a senior, and I don't have any guys calling me, even just to hang out. Well, I do have one guy calling me to hang out, and that's my best friend, Aria. I can't help but wonder, how will I get a date for prom, or even a guy to look at me? Oh, the woes of a senior! Especially one who's not exactly the most popular or pretty on campus. Some might even call me nerdy because I always have a book in my arms, or a notebook to write stories in. I love to read, and I'm proud of that. I'm also a band geek, and that's a big turn-off to teen guys. They want popular, gorgeous, athletic, cheerleader girls, not nerdy, shy, quiet band geeks like me. Maybe that's why I haven't had a date in over a year. I hate the teenage mentality. Actually, I just wish I was better-looking and skinny. But not all people can have exactly what they want.

No comments: